Friday, March 5, 2010

I'm Home from Haiti

I came home from Haiti today. I will say a couple of quick things, but plan to take some time to process it all and give a more detailed update soon.

First of all, I was amazed at the number of churches in Haiti. I pray the gospel will shine bright in the midst of darkness.

Secondly, I don't think the pictures on TV or the Internet do justice to the damage. Maybe being in the atmosphere itself brings it out, but I was shocked at how many buildings were destroyed. It seemed like we drove for miles and miles and saw building after building after building destroyed. The work needed to repair Haiti (even though many of us do not understand how the living there was before) will go for a long time. It will take many hours, days, weeks, months, and probably years to complete the task. I pray we will not forget Haiti as the months go by.

Again, I will update more later. I'm exhausted. I'm drained spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally tonight. However, God was quite gracious through our time there. I was amazed at how He used us to offer hope in the midst of tragedy. Lord, may your gospel prevail!

No comments: