Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Your Best Life Now?

I don't think Jesus would agree with this easy-believism that leads to having an easy (best) life today:
Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his life? Or what shall a man give in return for his life? For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Matthew 16:24-28 - I plan to preach this text this coming Sunday.

1 comment:

BoldLion said...

Some time ago, Justin preach a sermon about that. But he was preaching against that The Best Life Now concept.

Our worse life is now if we are true believer for Christ, and our Best Life will be in Heaven with Christ.

As for the unbeliever, their best life is now before they go to Hell, and they will have the worse life ever.

I don't buy Joel Osteen's talk or his book!

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion