Monday, March 24, 2008

Acuna, Mexico

Words cannot express my thoughts on our Mission Trip to Acuna, Mexico, but I'll try.  I was nervous about going for several reasons.  First of all, I didn't know anyone going on the trip other than Dr. Schemm.  Secondly, I knew (and still do) very little Spanish (pretty much nothing).  Third, I didn't know what to expect as far as what all we would be doing.  With that being said, I set out for Mexico.  It was great!  I met so many new friends that I cannot even begin to thank God for.  It is really amazing how God can bring so many people together to accomplish His purpose.  I hope that I keep in touch with these brothers and sisters in Christ for life.  As far as knowing Spanish, I am convinced that it's a language worth learning.  In America we run into many Spanish speaking people and if we could communicate the gospel could be spread.  For at least this reason we ought to learn Spanish.  I hate that I was unable to communicate but I am thankful that we as a team still could.  The baseball clinic was unbelievable and I believe God used it for His glory.  There were over 130 kids that came through there in four days and they all heard the gospel.  We saw many people witnessed to and many needs met throughout the week.  We were also able to minister to several of the local pastors and Dr. Schemm was able to teach them and train them.  This is a great ministry and I want to post more about it soon.  For now I want to thank you for your prayers and ask you to continue to pray for those in Acuna, Mexico.

No comments: