Friday, February 6, 2009

My Own Depravity

It's funny (actually sad) how often we blame something else for everything. It goes back to the Fall in the Garden. After Adam and Eve sinned, he blamed her and she blamed the serpent. This has not changed. We all do it still each and every day. In fact, I think I've become so good at it that often times I don't even know I'm doing it anymore. By God's grace, I want to become more aware of my own depravity so that I will gain a better glimpse into the overwhelming grace of God which covers my sin. Until we know that we REALLY are great sinners, we will never understand that He REALLY is a great Savior.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Satan makes me place blame on others. And it is your fault for pointing it out.

BoldLion said...

I had blame other and need to learn not to do that but amid my fault! Only with Christ alone, He can help me to see what I am doing and help me to learn not to blame others.

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion

Pastor Randy said...

Jason, thanks for the lesson in humility.

Guerite, thanks for seeking to honor Christ with your life.