Friday, March 11, 2011

Six Months, and I Still Love it Here!

I've now lived in Fort Myers, FL for just over 6 months. It's been a crazy 6 months. It has been filled with a lot of joy, and some heartache. Since I moved my daughter broke her arm, my wife miscarried our third child, my son has been in the ER twice. We made an offer on 5 houses, and are still waiting to close on the one we're in. It has had many challenges, but the Lord has been unbelievably gracious though it all.

I love this area. From the moment we arrived it felt like we were home. My wife and I have talked many times about the wonderful opportunity we have here. I have heard that over 93% of Lee County is unchurched, which means the opportunities and needs are great. With that being said, the Lord has already blown my mind with our church. We have had visitors every week since I've been here. I've sensed great excitement in our church family. I've felt the Lord sharpening me, humbling me, teaching me, and helping me all along the way. I can honestly say, I love it here. I love my people. I love the opportunity. I love the fact that God has seen fit to use me in these past 6 months, and I pray for many more.

1 comment:

BoldLion said...

I am so glad that you love living in Florida. I will be praying that you will continue to be bold to preach His Word and to reach out the lost.

Remember that Starbucks might not be the only places to go. Try visiting ER sometimes and pray with them (not when your family need to go to ER).

Fishing piers if any where you are. Share the fishing stories and make them a fisher of man too!

Go to local college to reach out to the college kids too.

Watch out for the summer heat time.

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion