Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Goal of Church Planting/Revitalizing

I have had Church Planting is for Wimps: How God Uses Messed-Up People to Plant Ordinary Churches that do Extraordinary Things by Mike McKinley on my shelf for a while now. I even picked it up a while back, but after reading the Foreword by Darrin Patrick I put it back down because I'm not planting a church (I didn't put it down because of Darrin Patrick!). However, recently a friend told me I should read it and that it may be helpful in revitalizing the church I'm serving with. Today I decided was a good day to start reading it. I am glad I did! There are several things I like about it already, but this quote captures what I've thought for quite some time:
Church planting (starting a congregation from scratch) and church revitalizing (reviving the ministry of an almost dead church) share the same goal: raising up a faithful gospel witness where none exists.
I pray this is so for Cypress Lake Baptist Church!

No comments: