Friday, December 30, 2011

The Holiness of God

Several years ago I was told I should read R.C. Sproul's The Holiness of God. I finally got around to it this year in preparation for a sermon, "The Gospel and the Holiness of God." During my time reading this book I was floored by the reality of God's holiness. In fact, when I went to preach the sermon I felt completely inadequate in trying to explain God's holiness to my congregation. This is a book, and subject, that one must study for themselves. I truly believe having a better understanding of God's holiness will lead to a better understanding of man's sinfulness. And a better understanding of man's sinfulness (particularly your own sinfulness) will lead to a better understanding of God's grace found in the cross of Jesus Christ. I highly, highly recommend you read The Holiness of God.

No comments: