Tuesday, May 27, 2008

In Prison?

As I have studied more of Philippians 1:12-18 for tonight, I have asked myself this question over and over again, "What would you do if you were imprisoned for the gospel?" Or to put it another way, "Would you keep preaching the gospel if you were already imprisoned for preaching and that you knew you may receive the death penalty for doing so?"
There is another question that has arisen for me in this text, "Would you preach the gospel with more boldness if your mentor had already been arrested for preaching?" In verse 14 Paul says, "And most of the brothers, having become confident in the Lord by my imprisonment, are much more bold to speak the word without fear." Did you notice that? They became confident, not discouraged, by the imprisonment of Paul. So what would you do for the gospel?

No comments: