Saturday, December 12, 2009

Accountability

Ok, so I've been trying to exercise for a while now, but never really stick with it too long. Tonight I decided it was time to try again, and this time to put it on here for accountability purposes. I'm using the Couch to 5K training program (and yes, there is an app for that) because I've heard good things about it and I've realized that I'm in the worse shape I've been in my life. So I completed day one today. I would appreciate your support and accountability as I work to get in shape.

With that being said, let me say why I'm concerned about this. There are of course the health reasons. There also is the fact that I want to be able to play with my children. But the main reason is that I want to glorify God with every aspect of my life. That includes how I treat my body. So I'm not only trying to run, but also trying to eat healthy and stop drinking (and this is the hard one!) Mt. Dews. So help me as I seek to glorify God.

1 comment:

BoldLion said...

You can do it! I will be checking on you for this. As a matter of fact, Mt.Dew is my favorite soft drink. I had to quit in the Fall of '98 due to my colon trouble. I did quit as cold turkey with the Lord's help. I can't drink any soft drink because of this. Please do Ask Him to help you in this.

This is a great goal!

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion