- No More Pain or Death
- Revelation 21:4 – He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
- The Presence of Christ
- 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 – 6 So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, 7 for we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.
- Luke 23:43 – And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”
- Friends and Family Members who are in Christ (I took the fact that this verse says from every tribe and tongue and language and nation to include those who've gone before us in Christ)
- Revelation 5:9-10 – 9 And they sang a new song, saying, “Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, 10 and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth.”
- Everlasting Joy
- Psalm 16:11 – You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
- Matthew 25:23 – “Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.”
- The Glory of Jesus Christ
- Revelation 21:23 – And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb.
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Five Things Christians Look Forward to in Eternity
I had the privilege of preaching a funeral for one of our longterm members today. The funeral was actually a celebration of God's grace. I mean, it was actually a celebration of God's grace in his life. The family and friends who gathered together today rejoiced that our brother had departed from the body is now present with the Lord. During the message I shared 5 things Christians can look forward to in eternity (which our dear brother is already experiencing). Here are those 5 things: