Thursday, April 24, 2008

Accountability!

I desperately need to be held accountable by my brothers and sisters in Christ.  Over the past few months I have had several conversations with several friends who have challenged me, made me check my heart, made me think through hard issues, and several other issues.  Iron really does sharpen iron.  I have noticed that we (in America at least) are so individualized that we think we can live this Christian life alone.  This is not the way God has intended it to be.  The New Testament is full of "one another" commands.  I have been looking at these over the past couple of months as I've prayed about church planting and what the church is supposed to be.  The bottom line is that I need accountability...and so do you!  We all need it.  There is not one person on the face of this earth who doesn't need others in their lives to encourage them in their walk with the Lord.  I pray for more brothers and sisters in my life to help me become more like Christ.
With that being said, I have decided to have a Bible study at my house beginning this coming Tuesday night (April 29) at 7:00 PM.  We are looking to church plant, but it may not be in Rocky Mount.  This is simply a time for those who are interested to come together and study the book of Philippians together.  If you are interested in coming, and hopefully sharing life together, please send me an email at ra4jc@aol.com.  I look forward to being challenged by the Bible and encouraged by others.

No comments: