Sunday, January 2, 2011

Three Goals I Gave my Church

This morning, as I began my sermon, I listed three areas I hoped we would work on in 2011. Actually, I stated that I hope we will work on these for the rest of our lives. Based on the fact that we say, "Cypress Lake Baptist Church exists, by the grace of God, to make disciples of all nations, through treasuring Christ above all things, for the glory of God at all times," I think these three things are quite appropriate.

1. Let's be intentional in our efforts to make disciples of all nations (including teaching them to observe all that Christ has commanded)
2. Let's be intentional in our efforts to reach those around us and to reach those overseas with the gospel of Jesus Christ
3. Let's seek to know the person and work of Jesus through a continued exposition of the book of Luke together

You can hear the full sermon here.

No comments: